Tuesday, January 29, 2008

LATE NIGHT COMFORTS BLESSINGS LESSON 5

myspace layout images I can relate still as a child feels, misunderstood and ignored. I don't know if it comes from being 24 and pregnant. I have spent the majority of my time since then with the kids. I did have a time with many friends, but we all had kids and those kids were friends as we all were.

Along with those great friendships formed so did the friendship and understanding of many children I had the pleasure of watching grow up, some to adulthood , and now thanks to our technology I can continue to watch them grow from a distance just as if they were my own children and I couldn't love them more as if they were my own kids.

Ten years flew by fast and within those years my lessons learned were many. It was within these 10 years I came to full acceptance of my illness and how I was tired of fighting it, it was now my time to conquer it.

I was asked by many psychiatrists over the years to keep a journal of my moods, to chart them down on a scale. I would start this task but could never finish it, there was no way I could keep up with all my thought processes within a day, so I started journaling on paper. Problem with that, it was hard to decipher what I was saying between my writing turning to scribbling and my random thoughts of more subjects I can keep up with.

I finally found two things in my life that go hand in hand and found to be another blessing in my life.

Music and blogging. These two feelings have helped me and without them I'd be lost. My love for both listening and thinking, as I can type as fast as my thoughts come, my words now legible with the ability in going back to edit what I was actually trying to say, deciphering the rambling it seems to be at the beginning.

Music has a class of it's own with the memories and comforts it brings, reflecting back and songs can relate to your life in one way or another, this telling us we are all the same when it comes to finding our destiny.

On those gray days I sometimes felt and still feel, music keeps up my spirits and when you have a favourite DJ, sometimes they make life not seem so lonely and can give you that smile or comfort you really need at that moment in time, like they know what their listeners are feeling.

I guess that's what makes a great late night DJ , a friendly comforting and soothing voice to the listeners they know benefit the most from being there.


Taking away the loneliness

when alone is all you feel.


Dedicated to my fav. DJ
Thank you Darryl... you make listening worth it.