Wednesday, February 6, 2008

APRIL OR MAY...WOULD IT HAVE MADE A DIFFERENCE OR IS THAT MY BIPOLAR SPEAKING?

Like most it is difficult for me to remember my childhood, but thankfully the influential people in my life always had words of wisdom to share with me whether young or old, family, friends, sometimes even strangers who, with much in common, don't feel like strangers anymore.

My birth came a month late, as I should have been April born and named if I had been. My mother argued with the doctor to induce her but he was convinced it was to early, so in May my mother gave birth at 12:00pm as I was blessed to be born into this world. She was right as mother's usually are, I was 41 weeks gestation. The doctor knew from the growth of body hair and noticeable things like that when newborns are older then thought.

My mother raves of my baby beauty but I saw my pictures, I looked like a Cabbage Patch doll and personally I never understood why those wrinkled up little toys were so popular, they weren't the cutest doll, but a doll they were, I guess just that something about them so many people liked.

I remember I was quiet and shy, my mother recently telling Ron "She was the model child, she never spoke unless spoken to and never caused a problem", with my dad close behind in a joking voice but in a truthful statement "Until she became a 15 year old teenager".

I think all those years explaining to friends, "She is just shy", my parents thought they had it made with me. I wouldn't be a troublesome teenager, a handful just a shy and quiet kid, but what no one knew, I was only listening and absorbing my surroundings. I would listen and learn so I could find a way to relate to people since in many ways I take on many personalities.

Once the teenage years hit my sudden shyness disappeared (except around those I still wanted to believe I was shy and quiet) and a stubborn wild child developed and came out, and when I came out…everybody knew and that quiet shy little girl was now just a memory and the rebirth of a new beginning began.

I tend to do everything late in life and usually backwards, but like George on Seinfeld if the opposite works then isn't that the right way?

I often wonder could evolving into a bull in May rather then a ram in April, a reason I started everything late in life and if so was it meant to be or just one doctor's mistake that started this path called

my life.