Friday, February 8, 2008

LESSONS BLESSINGS NUMBER 6--FIND THE LISTENERS WHO CARE

With the kids in school, and Ron at work , they became my best friends, talking to them as they would seem to listen and understand. It's amazing how they have a sense of how your feeling, this what makes a great psychiatrist and best friends.

Alone in the house I had friends all around me, my neighbourhood were my friends but as we all got older and our kids started growing up everyone became busy with their life, mine included , but within what looked like to many as a lonely person, I was still blessed with many friends.

My loving family members of pets including my dogs, cats, guinea pigs and for a short time my Rabbit Jack with the radio always tuned into Rock 95 giving me the other friendship I needed, I'd bring my pet friends and radio friends while having a coffee with me, working in my garden or house, laying back soaking up the rays or after a long day then soaking up the bubbles (no animals allowed in bubbles..okay except Rock 95) in the bathtub.

My animals as my shrinks talking to them as they listened and the Rock 95 crew's choice of music, humor, charities, personalities and a true love for music old and new, I never felt lonely.

With Rock 95 such great supporters of my hometown of Barrie and have the love of Canada as I do, they continually helped me through some of the toughest times in my life, helping me remember my past, present and to look into my future.

Pets don't talk but listen helping in so many ways as does the Rock 95 crew that talk as we listen, being there and reliable everyday, just listening live and instant friends to give me that pick me up I need.

I always wanted to phone in on contests or just a request, but I am shy and felt I had nothing exciting to say, (I think I'd probably give the money I won to one of the many charities Rock 95 supports) so I just enjoy listening to everyones excitement talking with the crew when they fianlly get through , loving the feeling of talking with them.

The fans tell them how difficult it is to get them on the phone, which just shows how their listeners will sit with them all day long and listen...

just like I do.

This post is dedicated to the listeners and speakers in my life, for the times you've been there to keep me company... when company was all I needed.